Snowman, By Seo Yoo MI (2012)

Snowman, By Seo Yoo MI (2012)

9/10


Through the earlier part of the story, Yoo was described as a sort of enemy, that one guy who was better than you in every possible way. I believe me and most of my fellow readers share the experience of having a guy like this in life. But after finding his frozen corpse, the only feeling I had left for him was pity. Yoo was not the enemy nor the opposite of our main character, but just another victim of the cruel system, now dead and defeated like a worn-out gear that once belonged in a huge unstopping machine.

If I have to pick out an opposite of our main character, I would instantly choose the delivery person. Unlike the businessmen who found it so hard to clen up the snow, he appears to find it so very easy. This seems to be metaphor about the difference between the two jobs. A businessman is considered default, probably decent job. Yet really, they suffer from overwork and stress. A delivery person is considered to be poor and uneducated, but ironically we can say that they have clearer purpose and a feeling of a point. I rated this story nine out of ten. (200 words)

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

"Araby" and stage 4 of the hero's journey

The Second Bakery Attack, By Haruki Murakami (1981)

A Mother, By James Joyce (1914)